Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Adventures in Teenage-sitting...

My parents are out of town, and as one of the "grown-up" siblings in my family, we get to take in and nurture one of the younger siblings until my parents get back into town.
In this case, I have my younger sister and my other "grown-up" sister has the youngest in the family, a boy.
They are teenagers, but just not able to get around themselves. Generally though, they are self-sufficient. They can cook,clean, and generally make themselves useful. Just that darn driving thing is holding them back.
Because me and my sister live in the same condo complex, it's been incredibly easy to drop and pick up after school.
The youngest is still in junior high and today we had an awesome experience, at the expense of a worker in the fast food world.

On Friday's this boy, get's out at 12:30, while alas, the high schoolers get out at 2:10. So I ventured out to get him from school and we proceeded to the local Wendy's for some nosh.
After we had paid, and received our fried goodness we went on our merry way. Not two minutes later I realized I hadn't inquired of my husband if he would also like some fried goodness, and proceeded to call him. With another Wendy's on the way home it wasn't a hard choice and we proceeded to the second Wendy's in so many minutes.
At the second Wendy's I placed the order and paid before anyone noticed the bags of food and cups already in the car. As the woman goes to give me the new order she gets a very perplexed look on her face and steps back slowly. Her mouth falls open and she starts to look up at the order screen as if to ask the fast food God, how had I already received my order when it was clearly in her hand? I realize at that moment the problem and proceed to shout out to her: "No it's ok, we've already been to Wendy's, just needed some more!" She smiles and looks at me like I've just spouted clowns from my nose, but hands me the food and waves me on.
My younger brother then proceeds to laugh and we decided that playing tricks on fast food joints is really awesome. Chalk one up for the good guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment