So two events this week. First of the more exciting...Little brother Chris graduated from high school last night. This is exactly ten years from when I graduated. That really puts things into perspective.
Chris has always been my "buddy" and so to watch him graduate was awesome. And I only teared up for a moment, I think my mom actually cried. (That's for you people out there who think I am the crybaby of the family...ROB!)
So congratulations Chris. Next step-Eagle Court of Honor tonight!!
Second thing of the week. We have been uncharacteristically cool this spring and early summer. Because of that we have gotten extra moisture later in the game, and then last week and this week we have warmed up so quickly that the creek behind waterside is literally overfloweth.
Rob had to sandbag the area and we are just waiting now to see what else the water will do.
I didn't even notice that it was rising so quickly and I don't think that anyone else did either. Rob is amazing at his job and without him I think our little condo community would collapse.
So that's our week. Waterworld revised, and Chris becoming a grown up. I wonder what will happen next....stay tuned!
Aww. Chris is growing up! Wish we had been there for the graduation.
ReplyDeleteAnd glad you avoided Waterworld!